Montana IEC, established in 2001, is Montana’s only chapter of the Independent Electrical Contractors (IEC), Inc., the industry’s premier national trade association.
Established in 1957, IEC is the nation's premier trade association and leading educator for merit shop contractors, promoting free enterprise, open competition, and economic opportunity for all. Nationwide, IEC has approximately 3,700 member companies, 90,000 electrical workers, and over 10,000 apprentices, in nearly 60 chapters throughout the US.
Through its apprenticeship and continuing education programs, IEC helps prepare apprentices and journeymen for successful and professional careers within the electrical industry.
The Montana IEC chapter offers in-class apprenticeship training in Bozeman, Billings, Great Falls, and Missoula as well as online apprenticeship training.
Learn more about the apprenticeship training program.
In addition to facilitating a high-quality apprenticeship training program, the Montana IEC exists to:
- Promote the interests of contractor members.
- Provide a network and forum for members to discuss electrical industry problems, solutions, and best practices.
- Increase Montana’s awareness of the value of the electrical construction industry.
- Create a unified voice on legislative, legal, and regulatory matters of concern to independent electrical contractors.
- Promote the electrical industry in Montana for members and suppliers.
Become a member and help support the Montana IEC mission. Increased membership will allow the organization to accomplish more within the state of Montana as well as create more services and benefits for members.